Friday 6 February 2015

FOTD: Always Vampy




Today was one of those days I felt like having fun with my make-up. The thing with being on holiday is that you don't have to wake up early and do your make up with your eyes half closed every-damn-day (well, you don't have to do it at all really, but I know I usually do, even if I'm just going to uni). When on a break, I rarely ever wear make-up - so much that when I finally get an occasion to put some on, I get excited about the whole process again and take my time to play around with my ridiculously large collection of products. Don't judge me, it's the little things that are supposed to make us happy right? You can also notice that I took big step and cut my hair; all I'll say about it is why on earth didn't I do it sooner? 

This look's main focus is definitely the lips - oh, are we even surprised? I used one of my all-time favorite dark red, Lime crime's Velvetine in Wicked. Not only is the colour absolutely gorgeous, but the formula of those Velvetines is to die for. Due to their extra-matte finish, you do need to exfoliate your lips prior to using any of the Velvetines, as they tend to stick to dry patches - like any matte product does anyway - but they most probably have one of the most impressive staying power. You can talk, drink and eat without worrying about it getting on your teeth or rubbing off. Another major bonus point for me is that if you really need to apply another coat, say at the end of the night or if you're building up the colour, the product always applies beautifully, without getting patchy or cakey (if you've tried the Hourglass Opaque Rouge liquid lipsticks, you'll know what I mean). I've been on the hunt for this baby for quite some time, as it is hugely popular - but if you manage to get your hands on it (check out Urban Outfitters and Cocktail Cosmetics, you might be in luck) I'd highly recommend to grab it and cherish it.


I kept the eyes pretty simple, using my beloved Maybelline Color-Tattoo in On-and-On Bronze  all over the lid together with  M.A.C Brown script and Swiss Chocolate in the crease. I also pop a tiny bit of my well-used Stila Kitten eyeshadow on my inner tear duct, as always.  The base is Jouer Matte Moisture tint, M.A.C pro longwear concealer, Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting powder and Hourglass Ambient lighting powder in Diffused light. 



Happy Friday everyone, enjoy the week-end !


xxx

M'


No comments:

Post a Comment