Saturday 14 September 2013

Face of the day


Here we are, our last sunny days  and warm summer evenings are numbered; it's time for autumn. At the risk of sounding a bit pessimist, I actually am quite happy to welcome the new season. As much as I enjoy the summery mood, weather and holidays and that I adore spending days and nights in light dresses and mini-shorts, autumn always remained my favourite. I love how the nature is getting on fire with all those red and orange-y tones, I love the fact that you're never either too hot or too cold, everything is somehow balanced. And of course, I love the repercussions of autumn on the beauty and fashion world. 

I'm not too keen on rules, specially when it comes to make up. Of course, I admit that some classic basics have to be followed,  but I am the kind of person who think that if you want to wear something, no matter how inappropriate it might be according to some seasonal rules, to your skin tone or even your style, you should do it. As long as you're comfortable with it, it's all that matters. Anyway, I've tried to be wise this year and get used to the pastel-y colours of this summer, I almost even liked wearing nudes. Almost. But now that summer comes to an end, I have only one thought in mind ; it's time for my beloved dark berry colours again (not that I really did stop wearing them though, to be honest...). 

In a bold lip kinda mood (nope, not like everyday, I swear) I thought I could do a FOTD. The entire look is very simple, super quickly done - neutral eyes, nothing too crazy with the base and bold lips.



For the base, I used my usual Collection concealer in combination with my new Mineral powder from Laura Mercier. I didn't used any bronzer (yay, no more summery guiltiness, I can embrace my snow-white complexion again !) but I went for a quite defined contour, using my NYX blush in Taupe. On the cheeks, I used a tiny little amount of Stila convertible colour in Lilium.

On the eyes, I used my Naked Basics palette and used a neutral colour all over the lid as well as a darker one in the crease to slightly define the eye. I then used the shimmery shade of the palette to highlight my inner corner and therefore make my eyes look a tiny bit bigger. I finally added some mascara, lined my waterline with some flesh-y pencil and boom, done !

Finally on the lips, no big surprise, I used my M.A.C Captive (reviewed here).

That's it for a very simple make-up look ! Let me know what you think about it or about the products that I've used in the comments. Also feel free to follow me on Bloglovin if you like what you're reading so far or/and on Instagram (vicky9469)  for some extra updates !

Take care' xx

M'

3 comments:

  1. Nice makeup and bow I fore the lipstick !!
    Also I adore your photos!!! Just so beatiful....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot Rei ! I'm glad you like the lipstick :)

    ReplyDelete