Monday 21 July 2014

The blush you need



I failed. For the past few months, I've bravely stayed away from Hourglass' new hit product, literally ignoring it; you've heard about it, you've seen it,  chances are you probably already own it, their Ambient lighting blush. Truth is, I don't even know what put me off for so long. The general ridiculous (but fair) excitement and the growing hype must have been the ones protecting my bank balance for so long. Well, they failed. Out of frustration (yes, I know) for not getting my desperate hands on the Kevyn Aucoin sculpting powder in SpaceNK ('still grieving), I found myself wandering around that nasty, nasty shop when I finally laid my eyes on this beauty for the first time. Oh-my. Frustrated or not, I just couldn't help it, I had to take it home.


Ambient lighting blush in Mood exposure 28£

I already was a massive fan of the Ambient lighting Powders and was expecting this blush to have the same seamless, silk-like consistency - and I wasn't disappointed, their definitely relatives. What took me by surprise is the color and pigmentation. I went for Mood exposure and when you look at it, it looks like a dusty-pink with a hint of plum-y tones in it, more on the cool side that is, but once you put it on, it's actually pretty warm-toned and comes out as a nice peachy-pink-ish color - as you can see on the brush. Furthermore, I thought it would be quite a subtle product, in the same lines as the powders, but oh boy, it's pigmented. 



So if you don't buy it for it's packaging - 'cause let's admit it, this blush looks like a gem', buy it because I can't describe it in any other way than as a well-thought, all-round amazing product - hence it's persistent place on 'ma face since I first tried it.



xxx



M'

No comments:

Post a Comment