Monday 1 August 2016

Beauty Talk : Meet Anna



Beauty Talk gives you a peek inside the make-up bags of some of the most inspiring human beings I have the chance to cross path with. There is more to beauty than a couple of lipsticks and a pretty blush, it is a self-indulging ritual, a moment we take for ourselves to not only care for our bodies but also to feel confident that we are getting ready to enter the world as the best version of ourselves. Beauty means something different to each and everyone of us and I believe that we all have a compelling story to tell regarding our relationship to self-care. I hope you will enjoy reading those stories as much as I forever do hearing them. 

I met Anna many summers ago in my favorite place on earth, London. She is the definition of elegance, always beautifully dressed and composed, with that flawless, rosy complexion and those sharp enviable cheekbones that Russian women are known to possess. She's a bright and talented young woman that I'm lucky enough to call my friend. She kindly agreed to show me the content of her make-up bag and tell me her beauty story. She started wearing make-up when she was around 14 years old, "because of my older sister", she explains. "I like my make-up to look natural, to make me a better, brighter version of myself. I find make-up can also be a protection. I learned how to apply make-up from my Mum, who studied to be a make-up artist and shared her products with me. I was very playful with make-up back then and tried something new all the time!" If you were to take a peek inside Anna's everyday make-up bag, you'd probably find an army of lip balms and lipsticks "I have a range of lipsticks in my bag and I'm obsessed with lip balms!" I think we've all been guilty of collecting one too many lipstick in our bag - but women need options, right ladies? "I've recently started wearing bold lipsticks, which is very different for me as I used to only wear nudes. I'm having more fun with make-up now, I think it's a great way of expressing yourself. It definitely tells something about you and your personality." Anna's favourite lipsticks are from Tom Ford and Armani and some of her favorite nudes are Tom Ford Pussycat and Armani Maestro lip Maestro in 500 (pictured below). "The Armani formula is my favorite, it's easy to apply, lasts well and yet is moisturising." Although she does rock a red lip regularly now (and boy, does she do it well ! Evidence A and B) when asked about her favourite lipstick, she doesn't hesitate: "MAC Honey Love! It's my favorite nude colour. It is a matte nude with a hint of pink that stays on for a long time. It makes me feel playful and flirty and is definitely the lipstick that makes me feel the most comfortable." Some of her most cherished lip balms are the EOS balm in lemon, and the Fresh lip treatment in Ruby "I love the smell of that one, it also gives a beautiful hint of red and can be built up and worn as a stain."

Anna's make-up is always natural and I can tell you that  she never, ever looks overdone. "I like to use Bobbi Brown foundation stick as a concealer, mainly under my eyes and around my nose. It's amazing because you can't detect it on the skin and it lasts well. I simply apply it with my fingers." She then sets her complexion with her favourite product of the moment, Chanel Les Beiges powder. "I've always come back to Chanel powders although I've tried many. I love their scents and the fact that they never look cakey on." On her cheeks, she uses the cult Nars Multiple in Orgasm. "That one is particularly pretty in the summer, when you have a bit of a tan." Anna's cheekbones aren't my only obsession, she also has incredible brows and long, fluttery lashes that don't need much attention. "I tend to change my mascara a lot,  I sometimes purchase mascaras from a super cheap and amazing Russian brand, but right now I'm using an Yves Saint Laurent mascara in a Blueberry shade that was limited edition. I never use waterproof mascara nor do I curl my lashes and I don't use anything on my brows."

I've witnessed the changes in Anna's skin over the years to see it become gradually clearer and naturally brighter. "I've always had problematic skin, I have tried every product under the sun ! Two years ago I read about the brand Fresh on Into The Gloss and purchased their Soy cleanser in London. I've been using their products for a year and so far, so good! I'm definitely going to stick with it." We all know however, that good skin first and foremost comes from within and I was curious to know what were Anna's secrets to her glowy skin. "You definitely are what you eat, so when I cut out gluten and dairy it made a huge difference to my skin. I also use coconut oil for everything, as a body moisturizer, to cook but I also do oil pulling. It only takes fifteen minutes a day and it's a great way to detoxify your body and it also whitens your teeth."

Anna is also the person I go to if I want to discover and adopt a new luxurious scent. "I've always had a passion for perfumes, I've read a lot about them. One brand I love is Jo Malone. I bought my first one four years ago, which was White Jasmine and after that many others followed! Amber and Patchouli is probably my signature fragrance, although it is more appropriate for the evening. I love English Pear for Spring and Autumn. I think perfumes show your personality, they also physically create something about you. I love that they're different on everyone." 









No comments:

Post a Comment