Saturday 3 September 2016

Dark Matter



September is officially my favorite time of the year. Now that autumn is just around the corner, we don't have to worry so much about burning/sweating/fainting - although New York's most crowded streets are still pretty suffocating, I'll give you that. Although I'm most definitely not one to follow season-related trends when it comes to make-up, I feel like this look embodies what I picture as a transitional look from summer to autumn. Soft, bronzy eye, naked but glowy skin and a fall classic, the vampy lip. If you have a tan to show off, you should absolutely let it peak through your layers and enhance it on your face with some bronzer and highlighter. If you're as white as winter's first snow like I proudly am, feel free to indulge in some bronzer too. One of my favorite product at the moment to do so is Charlotte Tilbury's Filmstar bronze and glow. I love this particular bronzer because it suits most skin tones (especially since a second darker compact was released!), it is warm without being orange and has a hint of shimmer to give you that JLO-esque glow we're all after. It's also very buildable, so that if you have fair skin you can easily wear it as long as you apply it with a light hand. The highlighter from the same compact is a winner in many people's book, too. As you can probably tell, I went all out with it on the inner corner of my eyes, cheekbones and bridge of my nose. I've come to learn throughout the years that highlighter is a lifesaver if you're fair and sick of people saying you look unwell - as is blush, by the way. Remember, pale skin isn't the enemy - dull skin is, no matter your skin tone. Other than that, I kept the skin fairly naked with a light layer of tinted moisturizer (Nars Pure Radiant tinted moisturizer is rocking my world at the moment) and some concealer wherever I needed it. On the eyes, I applied a wash of Tom Ford's Platinum eyeshadow cream and then added some more dimension using the Charlotte Tilbury Dolce Vita palette - but I easily could have stopped at the cream shadow. I finished the look off with the boldest lip combination I've probably ever worn. Revlon Black Cherry is just that, an almost black, dark cherry red, that I topped off with a Laura Mercier gloss because why the hell not? The gloss definitely makes the whole look more glamorous, but also infinitely messier. If you're after a long-wearing look, stick to matte - but if you're in for some drama - and eating isn't your priority for the following hours - try to add some gloss on, it looks amazing and makes this edgy, slightly goth look interestingly more approachable as it doesn't look as harsh as a matte lip. Lipstick aside, this make-up look is extremely versatile, you could take it anywhere really, from a classroom to a dance floor or wherever life takes you.


As always babes, stay safe and get those layers ready - winter is coming










No comments:

Post a Comment